This policy, sets out the basis on which Alpha STEM Education Limited a company incorporated under the laws of Hong Kong with its registered office address Room 2004, 20/F, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (together with our subsidiaries, our holding company, subsidiaries of our holding company from time to time, collectively called “Alpha STEM Education Limited” or “we”) collects personal data from you and how we process such data.
By visiting our website https://alpha-stem.com.hk/ (our “Site”), you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1.1 Normal website usage
In general, you can browse our Site without telling use who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
1.2 Collection of personally identifiable information
You will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information and other personal description when you fill in forms on our Site or correspond with us (by phone, email or otherwise), for example:
- when you report any problem to us;
- when you use certain features on our Site;
- when you request any support from us; or
- when you complete any survey or questionnaire we send you.
This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is retained in our database.
1.3 Collection of information from third parties
We work with third parties and we may receive information about you from them, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, or credit reference agencies. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
1.4 Special note about information from children
We may collect user-specific information from children. In this case, we ask for minimum amount of personal information. Children should make sure their parents, or the adults who are caring for them, know they are participating in the Site and are providing us with this limited user information.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
2.1 Normal web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of our Site is used for:
· providing, improving and developing our services;
· researching, designing and launching new features or products; or
· presenting content and information in our Site in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use.
However, if you have registered with Alpha STEM Education Limited, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
2.2 Collection of personally identifiable information
We may use information held about you for the following purposes:
- providing you with alerts, updates, materials or information about our services or other types of information that you requested or signed up to;
- communicating with you and responding to your questions or requests;
- confirming your purchases and registrations on the Site;
- obtaining payment for purchases through the Site (via credit card);
- helping you quickly locate information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and helping us create site contents most relevant to you;
- undertaking statistical analysis;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us in or outside of Hong Kong;
- responding or taking part in legal proceedings, including seeking professional advice;
- for direct marketing purposes (please see further details in Clause 2 below); and
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
2.3 Direct marketing
We intend to use your personal data in direct marketing (i.e. offering or advertising products or services by sending the relevant information directly to you). We require your consent specifically for this purpose and you may opt out any time.
For the purpose of this clause,
· the personal data that may be used in direct marketing are those that you provide to us or we collect from you under Clause 1 above;
- the type of services or products that may be offered or advertised will be Online STEM Education Programs;
- the relevant information may be sent to you by email, phone call, and WhatsApp.
2.4 Opting out and changing your information
Providing personal information on the Site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the Site but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as purchasing items, registering items, and the like.
At any time, you may opt out any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We will cease to send you marketing information without charge.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal data we hold confidential but you agree we may provide information to:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Schedule 1 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571) of the Law of Hong Kong;
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services (for example staff engaged in the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment and the provision of support services);
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (on a need-to-know basis only);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside of Hong Kong; or
- actual or proposed transferees of our operations (or a substantial part thereof) in or outside of Hong Kong.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by your name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
4.2 Third-party web services
We may use third-party web services on our Site. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies (which are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies), web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use our Site and make the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to these service providers. These analytics services may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
5. THIRD-PARTY SITES
Our Site or our communication with you may from time to time contain links to third-party websites over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own practices and policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of these websites understand your rights. We accept no responsibility or liability for any practices of third-party websites.
We do not sell or share any personally identifiable information volunteered on our Site to any third party without prior consent. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS/SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Please note, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Alpha STEM Education Limited assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
Our Site contains links to sites external to our domain. Alpha STEM Education Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices or the consent of such sites.
7. DATA TRANSFER
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by persons referred to in Clause above who operate outside Hong Kong.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold personal data about you;
- access any personal data we hold about you; and
- require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal data we hold about you.
Any request under Clause 1 may be subject to a small administrative fee to meet our cost in processing your request.
We may amend this policy from time to time by posting the updated policy on our Site. By continuing to use our Site after the changes come into effect means that you agree to be bound by the revised policy.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding personal data, please address them to:
· Mrs. Leung, Room 2004, 20/F, 655 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong; or
Last updated: 5th March 2021